SLA 0.00% $3.34 silk laser australia limited

bioeffective a 320

1. 8,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 797
    Could somebody tell me what it is that Solagran's Bioeffective A320 fixes? Solagran’s marketing division does not seem to care about promoting its efficacy and thus its sales.

Diverse therapeutic effects of Bioeffective A, found by its Russian researchers, are listed at:

http://www.solagran.com/htdocs/english/contdoc/CA_06.9.6.pdf

That was 2006. I would by 2008 expect Solagran to claim on the packaging, specific efficacy against at least one of the following: Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Streptococcus pyogenes 2, Streptococcus viridans, Streptococcus mitis, Streptococcus salivarius, Clostridium perfringens, Corynebacterium jeikeium, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Bacteroides fragilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 27853, Penicillium spp., Aspergillus fumigatus, Candida albicans?

I recently bought a packet for $29.95. What does the packet itself claim to fix?

Nothing. Zilch.

No diseases or symptoms are mentioned on the outside of the packet and there is no explanatory leaflet inside.

If you look closely at the packet there is the code "AUST L 134782".

What does this mean? As I understand things, it means that Bioeffective A 320 is a 'listed' product with the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

According to page 5 of the current issue of the Australian Consumers Association magazine "Choice": "Under the current system, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) can classify new products as 'listed' goods without needing to see evidence that they work. This contrasts with 'registered' medicines, which are tested for efficacy and safety before entering the market."

It seems bizarre to me that Solagran has not sought to register Bioeffective A 320. Adding to the bizarreness is the statement on the packet: "Caution: If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional."

Symptoms of what? Why is the packet so silent on what Bioeffective A 320 fixes.

In comparison, have a look at Blackmore’s products – e.g. their Echinacea bottle (also a listed product) makes specific claims to relieve symptoms of colds. You see this claim when you browse the shelves and may be moved to buy the product.

Solagran's marketing division is not on the ball.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.