BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

BTA is also my largest investment, although the way BTA is...

1. 2,136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    BTA is also my largest investment, although the way BTA is stalled to going backwards, and a couple of my other investments are moving up, I expect BTA to be overtaken in a month or so. My holding is based on expected royalties from Relenza.

My expectations of royalies from LANI next year now look optimistic. I was surprised that approval of LANI for therapeutic use was expected to be March 2011 and for prophylactic use was 2012. I would have thought, given the current situation, they would expedite approval.

Flunet needs to be 4000x better than relenza. The drug companies have seen that flu market is in the $ billions. As well as making BTA a takeover target, the current spotlight on antivirals will result in big $ being thrown at antiviral research. In 6-10 years the market may be crowded.

BTA should be throwing the extra $ at pushing LANI onto markets and getting Flunet into advanced trials.

The biggest advantage tamiflu has over relenza is that it is a tablet. It means that it is easy to produce and easy to take. Despite resistance issues and side effects, most people want a tablet. BTA needs to look at antivirals that are tablets.

Mal

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.