BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

biotas strength, page-3

1. 3,045 Posts.
    I agree Jojo, it may just be worth holding onto. I remember CSL and COH all those years ago, easy profits early on but gee the long term hold was a winner. I'd like to know the target of guys like Hunter Hall who obviously (like Hotcopperites hehe) know the story and have the conviction to hold.

This quarterly is quite important for short term momentum given the excpectations built into the stock, I'd like to see around the $30m mark with a minimum of say $20m and some positive news on the production front. We have already seen comments at all the 2009 production has been spoken for from several sources, just a matter of when it's delivered.

My personal goal is to see the LANI deal and perhaps the HRV (which could be further away). Do you know how wild this stock could go on the NASDAQ with the right press release around the common cold drug? There is just no other drug that cures the cold, there was one but it wasn't safe to use... we have BTA798 which has passed a phase II human challenge trial! The market for the common cold is absolutely massive although Biota is targeting a small subset for regulatory trials.

It's an amazing story that is starting to gain legs. The steady accumulation is amazing to see... I became used to the regular biotech jump on announcements and follow up sell off. This is new.

Where to now... just a waiting game for me. Haven't sold a share and won't be doing so till at least the ROW contract is announced.

Worth looking at some comments about the license deal:

"...potential partners are conducting due diligence on the product at the moment..." 11 Aug 2009 AFR

"Two or three major drug companies have expressed strong interest in developing a new flu drug from Biota..." Forbes.com 11/8/09, Interview.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.