BIT 2.63% 3.7¢ biotron limited

biotron screws the pooch

1. 13,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    This would have to be one of the more inept capital raisings I've seen.

The money is required for an HIV trial. Fair enough. Surely any company worth its salt would therefore shout to the world any good news that underpins this new decision. Surely they would highlight any new research data showing how effective BIT225 was in lab studies on the HIV viral system and crow to the world that they could theoretically kill 100% (or whatever it was) of the virus. And surely, they would do this BEFORE announcing any capital raising thus causing an increase in share price to enable best value for shareholders.

Didn't happen.

Further, It would have made good sense, since for those who bought the options at the issue price of 2 cents, they were in the money, to ask shareholders if any were prepared to exercise their options early. This way they could have avoided significant dilution. I would certainly have exercised my million oppys and I know at least one other person who was willing to do the same. It doesn't take too many such option holders to raise some significant cash.

Sorry Biotron management, you really stuffed it this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $33.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $38.58K 1.029M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 511933 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 93887 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.30pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.