IMM 1.28% 39.5¢ immutep limited

Afternoon all.I agree with the generally positive...

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    Afternoon all.

I agree with the generally positive interpretations I've read here of Matthew Lehman's Biox presentation. He certainly was careful not to give anything away directly, but a few comments were fairly leading in my view, particularly (and repeatedly) in regard to the wider potential uses of Cvac to treat other mucin-1 expressing cancers, given successful trial results.

eg. " .... if Cvac is really demonstrating some efficacy with ovarian cancer, there is an opportunity to take it into some other targets as well.”

"So if you look forward to the next 12 months, of course the key point we have is the October 15th data. That will be a really solid interim look at what we've been doing on the can-003 trial, first look at how Cvac is working in ovarian cancer patients in remission. And from that data we'll look both as I mentioned at the progression free survival as well as some of the immune monitoring data from the intracellular cytokine staining assays that we’ve been doing."

"Over the next 12 months .... we'll be really looking at our immune monitoring data from the can-003 trial and depending on what we are seeing, and if we are seeing what we are actually expecting to see, we would look to take Cvac into some other exploratory trials and really understand how Cvac is working in some of those other cancer types ...."

So while most of us are focused on October 15th, I get the impression that the company are planning much further down the track. Sounds to me like the interim data isn't seen as a hurdle.

Three more conference presentations before October 15th.
    This is a link to the next one. PRR has a short company presentation on October 4th at the "Cancer Immunotherapy: A Long Awaited Reality” conference in New York.

https://www.regonline.com/custImages/323689/CancerImmunotherapyConf_2012_brochure_final.pdf

PRR have posted a new Cvac related article in the announcements section of their website. It appears to be reproduced from a German publication and the six authors include Matthew Lehman, Marc Voigt, Dr Sharon Gargosky and Dr Neil Frazer, all senior PRR personnel.

http://www.primabiomed.com.au/announcements/pdf/2012/ImmuntherapiedesOvarialkarzinomsSeite22-25.pdf

Using my fairly limited net based translation skills, the article appears to be entitled:
    "Immunotherapy of ovarian cancer - new hope for patients? Overview about the development of CVAC, a novel immunotherapeutic approach with autologous dendritic cells for patients with ovarian cancer in remission after surgery and completion of chemotherapy."

And the conclusion:
    "Cvac is a novel immunotherapy with autologous cells and currently in trials for the treatment of patients in remission with epithelial ovarian cancer. Preliminary clinical studies have shown that CVAC is well tolerated and has a promising profile for therapy of mucin-1 provides positive tumors. The ongoing clinical trials will show whether the effect on progression-free survival and overall survival is strong and statistically as well as clinically significant."

All just adds to the expectation leading up to October 15th imo. Interesting times.

Good luck all. Herro

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
0.005(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $573.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.5¢ 39.8¢ 38.5¢ $434.2K 1.111M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 74000 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 61173 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.