AF1, We just lost our male Green split Quaker, that was in a...

1. 11,084 Posts.
    AF1,

We just lost our male Green split Quaker, that was in a separate cage with his White hen, can't believe I left a bottom door partly open night before last.
    Gone yesterday morning, Thursday, and I had only paid off the last $1000 owing on that pair, ... they have 8 eggs, don't know if they will hatch or survive as first time for the hen to lay eggs, fingers crossed now.
    The bird briefly appeared yesterday evening, and was hoping he might be back here again today.
    We set up a cage with food, water and fishing line attached to a peg holding the door open, and blow me down, he was there this morning at 8 am, my wife standing near their cage talking to him, he flew around a couple of times and came down onto an outdoor table , eventually briefly landing on me and then my wife, where she slowly, quietly walked into a secure aviary area, I followed, closed the door behind, and wulla, unbelievable, we had our bird back and he was so glad to be back in his cage with his mate, who was previously calling him, and probably wondering, where the .... are you, ... come back home

We have a few homing pigeons, ... might start Quaker homers, so they can fly around outside
    Except they would have the rest of the wildlife to contend with.

Unbelievable, fantastic outcome as expected not to get him back.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.