Quoting something written in 1985?????I think you've maybe...

1. 1,628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Quoting something written in 1985?????

I think you've maybe miread what was referenced.

That's when the studies were done on the chemical
    on the effects on wildlife, not on the wildlife killed in the story, the journalist references that chemical in the
    article i first posted as being wiped on lamb carcasses.

The actual slaughter was 5 odd years ago.

Why more than 400 wedge-tailed eagles could have died in East Gippsland baiting

THE number of wedge-tailed eagles poisoned at an East Gippsland property last month could double, after shocking claims by those who had baited them.

PETER HUNT
    July 4, 2018

Luci-jet is highly toxic to birds, with CSIRO research from 1985, stating “seven species of birds in Australia are highly sensitive to the organophosphorous insecticide”, including wedge-tailed eagles.

CSIRO researcher John McIlroy found “affected individuals lost their ability to stand or fly”, before convulsing.

Farm worker who poisoned 406 wedge-tailed eagles in east Gippsland jailed and fined
    Exclusive by Kellie Lazzaro
    Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018

The farm worker said he poisoned the birds under the direction of his employer

Ms Paganis told the court three different chemicals were used to kill the eagles, but most of the eagle deaths were caused by the chemical Lannate.

"John Auer showed him how to do it by injecting the substances into the necks of lambs,"

Lannate caused the eagles to die within 30 minutes of feeding on the sheep and lamb carcasses, the court heard.

Over the 18-month period, Silvester experimented with other chemicals, including a blue phosphorous which made the eagles severely sick but did not kill them straight away.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.