bishop calls on pm to apologise, page-3

1. 13,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    She should apologise for calling him "misogynist". I'm sure he isn't in real life any more than the usual Aussie bloke. There is a certain relativity to all this.

However, regard what Abbott has said, and consider what you might feel if you were a woman (the last one is not sexist, but a cringeworthy low blow at Gillard)

“If it's true, Stavros, that men have more power generally speaking than women, is that a bad thing?”

“I want my daughter to have as much opportunity as my son.” To which the Leader of the Opposition says “Yeah, I completely agree, but what if men are by physiology or temperament, more adapted to exercise authority or to issue command?”

“I think it's very hard to deny that there is an underrepresentation of women,” to which the Leader of the Opposition says, “But now, there's an assumption that this is a bad thing.”

“Abortion is the easy way out.”

“What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing…”

Stood next to a sign that said “Ditch the witch.”

“Every day the Prime Minister stands in this Parliament to defend this Speaker will be another day of shame for this Parliament, another day of shame for a government which should already have died of shame.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.