AKN 0.00% 1.8¢ auking mining limited

I have been watching this stock for awhile (I've held for a...

1. 60 Posts.
    I have been watching this stock for awhile (I've held for a couple of years now), and I am surprised about the recent price rise. The volume is up on average but certainly nothing compared to other speculators (MXR, AXO, FMS etc) don't really understand why as they haven't had any results since they floated. I think they have two or three good things going for them. Firstly, the Chinese backing certainly gives them a stronger position to weather the current credit crisis and they seem to have sufficient money in the bank to sit and tied them over until market conditions improve, secondly their Geo's seem to be fairly objective bunch, in terms of what they have found there are no grandiose positive spins on their drill results. This may be a result of having to answer to Chinese management rather than trying to spin their way into a positive market position. They also do a fairly thorough analysis compared to other spec's. Finally there is a turn around in metal prices, particularly gold. Even although their objective is copper they have certainly mentioned gold and if it continues it's recent run then as a prospector it will be hard to ignore. I certainly think they floated way to high and the 40c they had almost 2 years ago is hardly justified but as you say it is interesting that there is movement....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.836M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30588 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 103000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AKN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.