TGS 0.00% 4.9¢ tiger resources limited

News from the drc:By: Matthew HillPublished on 3rd June 2008...

1. 39 Posts.
    News from the drc:

By: Matthew Hill
    Published on 3rd June 2008
    Updated 4 hours ago
    Diversified miner Metorex on Tuesday welcomed positive comments that a Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) government official made this week regarding the company's operations in the central African State, saying that the firm had had a "successful and satisfactory" meeting with government at the end of last month.
    Speaking with Mining Weekly Online over the telephone from the US, CEO Charles Needham, said that a senior DRC government official had made an announcement yesterday that was "very positive for a number of mining companies, including Metorex".

The announcement was regarding a government review of the validity of 61 mining licenses in the DRC.

Needham declined to comment on when he expected the government to make official an official announcement on Metorex's mining concessions there.

However, said that, following a meeting in the country's capital city, Kinshasa, last week, the Minister of Mines and his deputy, Victor Kasongo, were "very comfortable" with what Metorex had been doing in the DRC.

"I think they a very happy with our progress and what we have invested in the country," Needham stated.

On Monday, Bloomberg News said that Metorex might be one of the first foreign mining companies to gets its licenses confirmed, quoting Kasongo.

Kasongo did not answer calls from Mining Weekly Online.

Metorex owns the Ruashi copper/cobalt mine in the DRC, and recently bought a large stake in base-metal miner CRC.

Editor: Terence Creamer

"very positive for a number of mining companies" - including tiger?

stocktoad

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.