BIT 2.22% 4.6¢ biotron limited

BIT Science Discussion, page-5

1. 1,087 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 500

I have a limited understanding and by no way am i a qualified medical scientists but i have learnt some basic biology at school and uni. For those of you who are qualified i would like to get your opinion on this thing not only being a potential cure for HIV but a preventer in the form of immunisation using a vaccine. I was just reading the announcement again there is no mention of it but this paragraph did stand out for me.

" In previously reported laboratory-based studies, Biotron has shown that BIT225 attacks HIV-1 growing inmacrophage cells, resulting in the production of replication-incompetent virus i.e. non-infectious, deadvirus. The data from the current BIT225-009 clinical trial reported here shows that the body’s immunesystem recognises this dead virus, which triggers a range of changes to the immune cells that fight disease."

Is it a long shot to assume that by the bodys immune system recognising the dead virus which triggers a range of changes in the immune cells that fight disease, that they have indeed potentially found a method of immunisation not just a cure. The wording of the paragraph is vague however if you can recognise a dead virus then alter the b and t cells to fight the disease (im assuming this is what it meant by immune cells) then you have got yourself an immunisation method? Would love to hear peoples thoughts on this are all this hype has been about a cure but imagine a prevention this thing would be worth twice as much!

DYOR IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $41.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $31.64K 708.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 259000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 17361 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.