BIT 2.22% 4.6¢ biotron limited

Too busy with the day job to follow these threads.... the...

1. 2,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2408
    Too busy with the day job to follow these threads.... the offsrping of superheroes still must save the world.... besides, what's worth following here .... eek.pngsmile.png

Just a bit of a recap on the eve of the big day sneaky.png.

Yes, finally the 23 years of viroporin research is coming to fruition, but not just in one, but two aplications. Then a third and maybe more in years to come.

What is the secret to this technology?

It lies in the similiarity in certain structural proteins between different viruses. In HIV it is the Vpu, and SARS2, the enigmatic E protein. Structural proteins are like souls of the cell, they are what makes them what they are, or for the non metaphysical thinking types amoung us, they are the eight cylinders of the V8 car; you cant have a V8 without them.

But of the structural proteins, it is the viroporins that interest us. They play crucial roles in viral replication, and is what BIT225 interferes with.

Biotron had immediate success back in the beginning with Peter Gage's pursuit of vioporins, and if it wasn't for his and colleagues work with SARS1, when they identified E as a viroporin, we would unlikely have entred the C19 race this pandemic 20 years later. But of course, if it wasn't for their already early existing research prior to SARS1 with the Vpu, then we wouldn't be here today.

If you are a new comer - and there will be many in the near future - and if want to see more about this early work on these threads, go to the first post on this thread. It basically explains what effect these drugs - the earlier version of BIT225 - had on coronavirus viroporins.

What really got me excited and forced my hand to buy in at the beginning of the pandemic was the international patent achieved on 26/12/2019 - an auspicious date if ever there was one - covering their viroporin technology for coronaviruses. For those of you not totally adverse to the recent pandemic, you'll recall that the WHO annouced 3 years and nine months ago today (30/01/20), the public health emergency to do with a little virus they named Novel Coronavirus (nCoV-2019), before it later was upgraded to SARS-CoV-2. But fancy achieving a patent for coronaviruses in the same month that a new deadly one had made itself known and only weeks before it becoming a global emeregency. That in itself should be enough to create a global conspiracy.... it is probably yet to come once Biotron becomes a household name.

Personally, I just fell out of my mango tree.

Anyway, as we all know, not long now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $41.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ $31.64K 708.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 259000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 17361 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.