BIT 10.3% 6.1¢ biotron limited

LoL FingersDr. Zhengli is definietly no relative. Dubbed...

1. 2,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2385
    LoL Fingers

Dr. Zhengli is definietly no relative. Dubbed Batwoman for her extensive research with viruses carried by bats in China (and elsewhere), most notably, corona viruses, she is very thick in this pandemic, but probably not as much as the article you quote suggest. That is, gain of fuction reserach fo rthe purpose of developing a highly dangerous virus. This is not to suggest that her wprk has not contributed to the present pandemic, quite the contrary.

The genome does not lie. (Batmansdaughter smile.png).

This must be kept in mind when considering gain of fuction activity. The outcome of such mingling with viruses will likely be seen in the genome. This is not the case to date so far with SARS-CoV-2.

You'll recall not long after the pandemic began, a paper from some intrepid Indian researchers, claimed that the SARS-CoV-2 contained "four HIV-like inserts, which was uncanny for them to occur naturally through the normal mechanisms of evolution." (my paraphasing as a I recall it). Meaning that, the virus had been tinkered with by inserting HIV cells. This suggestion didn't hold water for long after the international scientific community debunked it. Real science works, which must be understood free from opinions formed from the results of such science.

The genome does not lie.

No such accusations have been made against the improperly named Batwoman because no such similiar uncanny activity has been observed in the wild type Wuhan virus that the infamous Wuhan Institute of Virology in known to have worked with. In the very final analysis though, I cannot categorically state that all gain of function activity can necessraily be easily identified. However, as stated, the genome offers no clues to such activity.

This of course has not prevented politicians and the media from insinuating that the Wuhan Institute, with US financing, procured the virus to their liking based on the evidence that yes, US money has gone to the institute in the past, and scientists have collaborated on corona virus research. Such collaborations occur all over the world and between some very unlikely collaborators. Good scientists and good science is mostly blind to politics and other forms of human culture.

But in this case, just add a dose of pandemic discourse, sugar coated with conspiracy, and political gain and media sales both benefit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
-0.007(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $55.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.2¢ 5.5¢ $418.3K 6.837M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 85063 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 14900 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
-0.007 ( 10.3 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 5.6¢ 1208244
Last updated 15.44pm 26/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.