BIT 3.51% 5.5¢ biotron limited

Three months after commencement of COVID-19 trials with...

1. 2,841 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2404
    Three months after commencement of COVID-19 trials with Biotron's compounds, they have not yet released any results. In my mind, this bodes very well for success. It is ample time to demonstrate that if the results were not encouraging, they would have said so by now. Rather, I expect the trials to be going very well, and the longer it takes to release them, the more to look forward to.

But I believe that three months is also probably near time for initial results, and I still believe in Sharon Lewin's remarks earlier last month when she said she was optimistic that testing of an antiviral would produce a hit in about three weeks. We don't know if she was referring precisely to Biotron, but my guess is that she was, as I'm not aware of any other antivirals being tested in Australia apart from the antimalarial, which I don't believe she is involved with directly. There is a different team doing that work. Her expertise is HIV, and BIT225 - a HIV antiviral - is more likely to what she was referring. Speculation, yes, but not necessarily false either (or true). Regardless, her timeline comments are insignificant to the greater discussion.

Biotron's compounds are being tested on SARS-CoV-2, just as they were on SARS1. Do you recall what they achieved in those tests when they deactivated ion channeling in the first SARS virus? (if not, read their patents). They then went on to test other human coronavirus strains with equal efficacious results, and patented the compounds and methodology. Most importantly, they've achieved 'vaccine-like' effect in treating HIV with the same technology. They described it like that because the immunological response was such that 'hidden' HIV virus was now recognized and disarmed. Phase 3 trials are yet to commence.

Considering these outstanding HIV results using this technology, and the incredibly important fact that their compounds inhibited ion channeling in other strains of human coronaviruses, the chances of Biotron failing on SARS-CoV-2 are slim to none, in my opinion.

Bioton's silence says more about this probable outcome than the contrary.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.002(3.51%)
Mkt cap ! $49.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.7¢ 5.4¢ $13.80K 247.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 37000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.7¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.4¢ 173626
Last updated 15.02pm 05/06/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.