DCC 4.35% 4.4¢ digitalx limited

Now Bitcoins are on special but they won't be in five years. I'm...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Now Bitcoins are on special but they won't be in five years.

I'm sure you're right. As the new supply dwindles to a trickle at the same time as mainstream bitcoin take-up accelerates, its not hard to see what will happen.

Its funny how some see bitcoin's fluctuating value (in $US) as some sort of negative. But the value of any currency fluctuates in exactly the same way. Eg, in 2000 $US1 would buy 52 Zimbabwe dollars (I know, I was there), now one US dollar would buy billions of them.

Ok, so that's extreme, lets look closer to home. In 2001 one US dollar bought two Australian dollars, (know, I was there and I live here).

So doubling or halving of regular fiat currency is as normal as peas in a pod. So what's the big deal about bitcoin's changing value?

I've been going to New Zealand regularly for thirty years. In that time the $A has been worth as much as $NZ1.70, and as little as near par.

Once the GP are in on the secret of how easy it is to use bitcoin anywhere, there will be a massive expansion of its use. The banks will try their hardest to hold it back, but they have no chance, the genie is well out of the bottle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.002(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $38.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.6¢ 4.1¢ $242.0K 5.461M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 82000 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 273175 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.