BTC 0.00% 0.0000 bitcoin

Trade67, I have access to GBTC which is an ETF traded on the US...

1. 614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 132
    Trade67, I have access to GBTC which is an ETF traded on the US markets. Not sure if it’s accessible through anyone in Australia.

It’s an ETF that allows folks in the US who have 401K/ IRA’s (Supers) to buy shares in this ETF. I think they hold 175K bitcoins (which is their asset base) and each ETF share is about 0.09 of a bitcoin. Currently it runs at a premium of around 40% as it’s easy to access and the beauty is you can just buy and sell without having to take possession of bitcoins. It’s a brilliant concept as so many US friends of mine can add bitcoins to their Superfund equivalent to diversify their portfolios.

Let me know if there are any Australian firms that allow access to this ETF.

You can track the pricing with the ticket symbol of GBTC.

Next week (14th) should be really interesting when the commodity boys start trading options on bitcoins. I read somewhere that the day the CME announced their plans to deal in futures, Coinbase opened over 100,000 new bitcoin accounts across the US.

No end in sight and I’m pleased the fork didn’t materialize today. Felt like too much risk.

...just my two cents.
    Last edited by pac5705: 09/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTC (FOREX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.