BTC 0.00% 0.0000 bitcoin

@deco19I understand the arguments you raise. You do appear to...

1. 2,792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1919
    @deco19

I understand the arguments you raise. You do appear to concentrate and rely on very recent economic history (last 100 odd years) when dismissing commodity based money. I very much think the current fiat system is responsible for the continued widening of the wealth gap between the super rich and the most poor in the world. I would recommend reading Alex Gladstein’s Check Your Financial Privilege. It shows the need for Bitcoin in the developing world far more than it’s need in our own privileged existence.

Personal responsibility and individual sovereignty should be sought by all. I don’t want my money and the value of my life’s work stored in something that can be expanded or adjusted when a small group of people think that’s “what’s best”.

Custody solutions are continually improving all the time. For money to be censorship resistant / immutable it needs to be spent in an irreversible way. Multi sig custody solutions, including collaborative solutions are there already and continue to improve in UI. Anchorwatch is a good example of multisig miniscript solution with insurance provided all whilst the owner retains self custody.

I find FTX/FTT and the whole shitcoin ecosystem repulsive and to overlay those as examples in your opinions about Bitcoin is neive.

Bitcoin is good for energy usage. We as humans have only become more prosperous as we use more and more energy. The countries that are most prosperous are those that use the most energy. Bitcoin mining provides for a constant purchase of energy both as a buyer of first resort and of last resort. Have a look at the company Gridless. There are areas in Africa that are using Bitcoin mining as a buyer of first resort to economically justify the build out of energy infrastructure that can in turn be used by locals once the infrastructure is in place.Similarly, Bitcoin mining is being used as a load balance in places like Texas where miners take all the excess energy not used by the grid but when there is a heat wave etc they can switch of in a minute and that energy is redirected to areas of the grid in higher demand.

Anyway, I suggest you conduct some further research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTC (FOREX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.