BTC 0.00% 0.0000 bitcoin

There's plenty of stock I could have made a fortune on, but...

1. 1,451 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    There's plenty of stock I could have made a fortune on, but that's the benefit of hindsight. I've moulded my rules over the last few years, and the last 9 months of tightening up my criteria has served me well. I hold core (yielding) stocks that i will not sell (unless their business circumstances change) and I trade those same stocks when I feel like they've been over sold through various stages of an uptrend.
    There is no future in holding downward trending stock or trying to pick bottoms of a downward trending stock.
    The market is still sending signals that a downturn is on the cards, and this is offset by the ones seeking a decent yeild in a stock that still has potential growth ahead. Obviously the best investment you can have is one that grows in value and also gives solid dividend returns. APA COL CSR AZJ WDS are not exciting stocks, but they offer stable returns and potential growth at current valuations.
    I also keep a reasonable amount of cash on the sidelines at 3.2% yeild so I can deploy if/when the time comes immediately (hence i do not hold bonds).
    And I hold physical gold which has done well, and gives me a deeper sense of partial assest protection.

Bitcoin is a clever invention, it is fashioned around gold, (limited supply, has to be mined, protects against debasement) but it is a fools gold, even though some have done very well out of, the concept is a false one.
    It is a speculative derivative surrounded by fanatical supporters and professional promoters that run their own media outlets, and its creator is unknown to give it the God creation concept.
    It has no yeild, it is not hoarded by world banks, and it is not sactioned by governments.
    Bitcoin's only potential financial return is to sell it to a bigger fool. Its only real assest is the blockchain technology which has been adopted in many other industries.
    I do not begrudge anyone holding Bitcoin, but I do feel like serious investors see it for what it is, and as Warren Buffet has said "it will end in tears".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTC (FOREX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.