DCC 1.75% 5.8¢ digitalx limited

Im in my mid thirties and still dont know many people that own...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Im in my mid thirties and still dont know many people that own it, in Australia at least, though most have heard of it, they don't understand it. Even my younger sister at uni in her early twenties hasn't really heard of it yet.

My thirties have been gone for a while but I try to keep up with technology, there is no standing still and those who do soon get left behind.
    I do own some bitcoin, bought months ago, on the premise that the best way to learn about anything is to jump in the pool. Unfortunately bitocoin is still seen as the provence of computer nerds who can't talk about it without getting involved in the complexities of mining.

In practice, initial purchase could not be simpler, and transferring or using bitcoin to pay is easier than any other means of payment. If you have used your phone as a boarding pass, you've got it, its that simple. And cheap as chips.
    It must have dramatic relevance to international payments. Anyone who has transferred money overseas knows how expensive it is and cumbersome. Bitcoin is instant and basically free.

The general public never needs to know anything about mining. To claim that is like saying that to spend dollars, you have to know how the banking system creates money.
    The biggest hurdles it will face is big resistance from the big banks, who have not yet worked out to clip the ticket. The first one to embrace bitcoin will make a fortune. But they are a long way from that. Today I read that the AZ has obtained a banking licence in Myanmar, which is the least internet connected country in the world. 99.5% have no access. So the ANZ is not embracing bitcoin.
    If and when bitocin price spikes high again, that will promote a new surge of curiosity. In the meantime I love it.
    Last edited by farmboy: 03/10/14

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
0.001(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $47.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.5¢ $32.44K 577.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 67000 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 230752 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.06pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.