DCC 6.67% 4.2¢ digitalx limited

Have we over estimated the capabilities of management OR are...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Have we over estimated the capabilities of management OR are they trying to avoid a pump and dump scenario?

I've done a lot of homework on this. No, I think the management in terms of focussing on their business , is tops. I have absolute faith in their ability and integrity. But what I did not realise early on is that they seem to have near zero street-wise knowledge of how the ASX works. At first I tried to help out with my contacts and many years of experience in dealing with brokers and journalists. I was thanked, but no thanks. They were really looking a gift horse in the mouth, a great opportunity, a big retail broker waiting for their call, but they effectively said no thanks. I have a feeling that maybe they think the ASX jungle melee is a bit beneath them.

My view now is that they think the DCC results will speak for themselves, and they will to a certain extent. But they better be good. No news is definitely bad news at the ASX.
    Listing is a powerful 'tool', it is not and cannot be passive. Not to succeed anyway.

I've seen a few success stories in the market after listing, and all of them have been on the front foot with ASX releases, journo stories, out there, promoting. As one broker said to me when I was discussing this, even BHP and Telstra need a promotion machine.

Listing and the associated fees are high. Why list if you don't want the benefits? I really don't understand the rationale behind the silence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.