Sure. Look at the last two halvings. It has followed the same...

1. 1,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    Sure. Look at the last two halvings. It has followed the same pattern twice. Because of the way the economics is set up.

It hits a high a bit less than a year after halving because miners are capitulating (there are too many participating in mining due to the high price, making the difficulty rise and the cost to mine rises so high many miners go out of business). and then drops by half, because the miners have left, difficulty decreases, its easy to mine again, supply increases relatively.)

You need to understand mining if you are going to understand why everybody holds and nobody spends.

It dropped by half of a new high. Even when it dropped 75 or 80% off the highs, nobody cares, because prior to the 2017 run up, the price had been less than $1000 all year long.

So it went from less than $1000 up to $20,000 then dropped down to $4000 again and now its ~9500.

Investors who understand the mining and the economics don’t care. Itchy trigger finger short term trading geniuses think that’s a problem.

Quite simply, as I showed above, when you remove the drama, the chart looks like this: https://digitalik.net/btc/never_look_back

If you can’t buy an asset, and sit on it for a few years to enjoy a chart like that, you’ve have never been, and never will be an investor. You are a short term speculator.

Learn to relax and trust math.
    Last edited by HempCFO: 16/06/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.