The first email was sent by the man credited with inventing it,...

1. 1,869 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 950

The first email was sent by the man credited with inventing it, engineer Ray Tomlinson, on Wednesday 8th June 1971.

I was one of a few who had an email (dial-up) account in the early 1990’s…………….. adoption period (for me) about 20 years. Some still have no email account!

Fifty years on, it seems everyone has an email account. Painfully slow / low data ‘Dial-up’ has transitioned into blindingly fast / giga-data Broadband / 5G.

On 22 May 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz made the first real-world transaction by buying two pizzas in Jacksonville, Florida, for 10,000 BTC.

I bought my first Bitcoin in 2014……………. Adoption period for me, 4 years. Am I surprised some still have no Bitcoin or have even heard of it, let alone understand it?.............. not at all………… VERY early days!

Give it another ten years and Bitcoin will be a common and broadly accepted alternative form of ‘Global money’. It will be revered, treasured and transacted across borders seamlessly via any number of mobile apps.

In fifty years’ time the price of Bitcoin will rise to unimaginable heights. The high value (based on Fiat equivalent) will see the denomination of Bitcoin , more commonly referred to as Satoshi.

The Bitcoin story has not yet begun……………… we are only at the ‘preface’.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.