@pete222Here's the crypto section, one of the Bitcoin...

1. 303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    @pete222

Here's the crypto section, one of the Bitcoin threads.

Like I said I don't know a lot about crypto, but here's how I understand it so far:

This crypto, Bitcoin, is provides a system of payment that isn't part of the banking system, It's "out by itself" and independent.

Also there will only ever be a fixed amount of Bitcoin available, so this gives it limited supply, a bit like gold (maybe better, because more gold will probably keep getting dug up, but Bitcoin has a strictly limited amount available).

The main threat to Bitcoin is that governments will shut it down. The sell off was triggered when China threatened to do something like that a few weeks ago.

But as long as it doesn't get shut down, there should be some demand for it as it's outside the main system, and harder to track. That should stop the price falling too far (unless governments shut it down).

I think as long as governments tolerate them that cryptos will probably keep going at some price level. But sudden regulation against them is what threatens them. Well Bitcoin at least.

But there are plenty of people who will know more. Check these threads out.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.