BIT 0.00% 3.3¢ biotron limited

With respect, I don't believe in the Zika dream just yet. Too...

1. J8
    14,546 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 822
    With respect, I don't believe in the Zika dream just yet. Too much water to go under the bridge in their unfunded plans already. They have no lab or staff, so I doubt their ability to get funds and grants. A partner or outright sale would be the only possibility ATM. A compound library hit is a very long way from a drug and pre clinical work. We are talking ten years at least, without a partnership. They haven't been able to further their dengue program or even get an IND, in all these years.

On selling the rights would be the best strategy. I think they might want to do that. MM has some juicy options she would like to exercise.

HCV was indeed the headline strategy for BIT for many, many years. To say otherwise is misleading. It has taken a back seat because of the poor effectiveness in HCV trial results, especially in the recent months. Of course the HCV market has completely changed too. Long term holders will know all of this.

Also misleading, is the statement that the upcoming HIV trial is funded. It is partly funded only. BIT need cash or a partner/deal soon.

IMO:
    The best deal for NOW, would be to part sell the rights to BIT225, mainly for HIV. That would pay for the IND, get the options over and pay for a much smaller HCV trial. Followed by a much larger HIV trial, in the US, in 2/3 years (after the upcoming HIV trial is finished). BIT225 would already be IND ready. Biotron can't take it past phase 2a anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $29.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.2¢ $8.822K 265.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45155 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 65500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.