AEE 3.57% 13.5¢ aura energy limited

BKY - AEE technical breakout similarities

1. 713 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    Further to w3hunter's charts showing a similar technical footing as we now face with AEE, I find that AEE's difficulty with supply is not dissimilar to the efforts BKY had breaking its resistance level as it climbed up from its lows in 2015. This is not to suggest the trend will unfold in the same way, but merely to point out that there are technical similarities that give me confidence that we are only in the first tentative movements of a trend.

The charts show:
    BKY with volume on the top left
    BKY with my Stochastic study I use on the bottom left.
    On the right, I have the same layout repeated using AEE as the security.

BKY also had similar efforts to break its range, and it first encountered supply at "0". At that time my long term stochastic (blue) was not indicating anything more than a price excursion away from longer term price action.

Interestingly enough, there's little demand at "1" as the Stochastic starts to top out at "3"- BKY wasn't ready to run.  

IF you look closely you will notice that in many ways, AEE's price action approximates what BKY went through at point "2".

The argument to suggest we are approximating a supply/demand tug of war that is similar to BKY's "2" is strong:

Both have had prior attempts at their resistance level and both have seen supply at their resistance level.

BKY's Stochastic reached an overbought condition at "1" when it couldn't punch through. It then took a long breather to build up some further steam to attempt a break out in Aug 2015 - point "7". A large build up of supply held the price down for some weeks, but the confirmation that stock fell into safe hands was the market  being marked up a couple of months later.

Similarly, AEE had a crack at breaking out while the Stochastic indicator reached an overbought level at "5". It then backed off - but only briefly - and now takes on a more bullish posture, similar to what BKY then experienced at "2" and "7". We will need to be patient to see how our momentum plays out at point "7" on AEE's weekly chart.

Both securities are moving off their lows and building large volume interest. So there might be some weeks of argy-bargy below 0.041 but I'm viewing this fight as the first tentative and fledgling moves in something that should extend into a significant bull trend for investors over the next 1-3 years.

Yes, it's easier for traders to play AEE at these prices, but if a portion of this supply is falling into safe hands it seems inevitable that we'd tackle 4.1c in the next few weeks. 2017 will be a good news story for holders and I believe patience will be rewarded.

AEE-BKY-3.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $100.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 13.5¢ $46.37K 339.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 720633 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 433893 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.