XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Ok, Treggs is gonna have a whinge...I posted a system idea above...

1. 5,311 Posts.
    Ok, Treggs is gonna have a whinge...

I posted a system idea above in the hope it might start a discussion on trading systems and their development (an important subject to any serious trader) with perhaps some risk management thrown in for good measure.

I didn't post a complex idea and deliberately left it's contents a mystery to help encourage curiosity, and all I got was dead silence and a few thumbs up. Might I suggest the people that gave the post a thumbs up are profitable traders that understand the concept of a system and quite probably risk management as well? or at least have thought about it?

I know this sort of stuff can be a bit tedious as a subject but anyone who is serious about making some coin should be developing and testing systems (and their associated risk management) as a constant part of their workload as a trader. You need a couple of proven systems as backups because systems break occasionally.

Anyway, I guess my point is I'm wondering how many serious traders are left here on XJO? Most of the people I learnt from here have left, usually because they made a few bucks and don't need to be here any more.

I know there are a couple of people here that know what system development at least means, but it seems the "Dow feels like a sell" calls far out weight productive discussion these days.

When "I blame the government" posts occupy 4 out of the top 5 popular posts on this thread, you know this thread isn't what it used to be.

P.S. Before anyone has a crack at me for just ranting, if you check my post history this is post 4815, and all but a dozen of them are on XJO and an attempt at learning or teaching here. Lets bring this ol girl back to her former glory.

*Treggs steps down off his soap box.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.