Triple thumbs up. I agree that most people are blind to their...

1. 1,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Triple thumbs up. I agree that most people are blind to their own privilege. I agree the world is prejudiced. I agree everyone should have equal opportunity. And most of all I agree that we (By which I mean everyone) should be able To discuss their ideas without fear or trepidation.
    The grass is always greener, though. People know their suffering intimately, yet forget the opportunities that were laid before them. I’m guilty of it myself.
    My point is that it’s not always racism. I lived in Asia for more than 12 years, and was denied opportunities based on the colour of my skin, yet I flourished. I was flat out denied entry into venues and told explicitly because “no Americans “ . I’m Aussie, by the way. But that’s trivial nonsense. I said , no worries, see you later”. Went somewhere else. It only matters if you let it matter.
    So f*** racism and let’s stop focussing on the idiots who focus on our differences. That’s my point. I think that’s your point too, unless I’m mistaken.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.