Re "I am actually not trying to have a dig at white people, I'm...

1. 6,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Re "I am actually not trying to have a dig at white people, I'm just trying to give a perspective on the term white privilege and how it is fuelled by bias (unconscious or not). I dont see the term as racist, however acknowledge that people nowadays are using it as a racist term"

Of course, as we are all fully aware now, it is impossible for a white person to take offence at anything, so fill yer boots, both barrels loaded, why not tell us what is inside our heads? Nick Cannon can call whites subhuman, it's all good, why would we be offended by any of this?

Alternatively, you could consider, for a moment, about the enormous arrogance on display when someone assumes they know about an unconscious bias working its devious magic in the heads of an entire subset of society. You're telling me you know what is going on inside my white head even though I can assume we've never met. Conversely, I have been in close contact with my head for all of my life, have devoted zero time to stopping anyone do as their personal goals demand of them, but am still totally unaware of a bias in my make up, that you know all about? Not only can you do that for this one white person (me), you can confidently say all white people have the same bias.

Why are you limited to just identifying one character trait? Isn't it just a tiny bit convenient that this bias is "unconscious" and so allows you to persist with the notion that it exists even in the face of denial? How convenient that you are unaware of any "conscious" bias that all us whiteys have? You'd have to work a bit harder to prove that.

Anyway, as we are in the world of telling strangers what is going on in their heads, let me tell you specifically what I think is going on in the heads of people making these claims. It is a distraction from their own challenges and failings. Stop looking for reasons why one group or individual f$cks up their life, by inventing something you can't really identify in another group.

As I've mentioned earlier, most white people I know spend almost no time thinking about their identity. Recent events are changing that fact. I sense white people are getting more that a little pi$$ed off with what is going on. There's a time limit on the insults and invented "science" of unconscious bias and white privilege. If the people making dumb observations sorted themselves out and looked inside their own heads, perhaps this nonsense "unconscious" bias theory would disappear.
    Last edited by aatisket: 15/08/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.