Blackout Bowen announces 60 electric delivery trucks - @ $40M or $666K each, page-59

1. 44,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "Capitalism is a necessary evil I would happily do without , but let's face it , we can't.". ... for years after reading Thomas More's Utopia I tried to use the barter system in my city. even had my tax done on barter hahaha. yes capitalism is the necessary result of having a free market with money as the medium of exchange. its irresistible imo. and I decided it was the best way for an egalitarian community to function as much as a stratified capitalism.

but I still can't lose my desire for a full equality of opportunity for all.

and as we live in a capitalist economy its private business that does great things instead of govt. so the govt bank lends to capitalist business to do what the govt needs doing.

now I feel confident that you recall that govts built the coal mines and power stations at first. there were no serious businesses could manage these early in the 20C. so in fact govt money was used to build the infrastructure of the energy system. this way taxpayers get off cheap by lending, or giving grants (crikey), to businesses to do the project instead of govt.

as for this particular deal, I'm happy they are buying a fleet of EV trucks. they've been available for a couple of years now. the same cost/benefits apply to trucks as does for small cars. have you read up on the cost benefits of EVs?

but of course the govt will use such a scenario for political photo op and to raise the community recognition of EV trucks being used in mining. its good PR for the company too. did you know these have been trialed by FMG and some other miners? EVs pay off boomer.

lastly I agree with you too on privatisation. but ***k its the way it is. can't change it yet. I learned to accept what I cannot change and make the best of it. and asked for the wisdom to know the difference.

ps you're baiting my mate pints there boomer.

Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 16/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.