Hi Dave ,It sounds like this is a demonstration or advertising...

1. 6,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Hi Dave ,

It sounds like this is a demonstration or advertising project plus research.

However I would question the value of such research to smaller companies , as applying any lessons learned in a very large operation do not necessarily apply to small operators .
    As far as demonstration is concerned , large logistics companies have access to such research already.

Rather than an expensive and , I think , superfluous ''advertising campaign'' , or research which has been done to death elsewhere, how about a 20 million dollar, publicly owned charging and logistic hub for small operators , maybe run by the RAC if too many people object to public servants being involved.
    I think you will find that the biggest barrier to electrification of our logistics is not operator ignorance.

Total_impact_of_electric_vehicle_fleet_adoption_in.pdf

A superficial , but interesting paper on logistics and electrification in the US. And there is a lot more available , I've picked US research rather than European, because I think the structure of our cities fits their model better.

Now I have no problem with an institution like Arena , I do have problems with their execution.
    An audit of the outcomes from their projects , and some hard data on outcomes and benefits , beyond ''may speed up broader uptake '' would be nice.
    So if you have any past projects that might help my cynicism , i would be grateful if you could put them up.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.