LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

blair athol funding - clever move pb, page-5

1. 14,139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    IMO Linc maybe just need to come up with a new Closure Plan for Blair Athol to say how they would fund decomissioning say funding will be from Teresa Ops or from Adani Royalty? That would enable use of the funds transfer from Rio for corporate purposes and Rio would not own the problem any more if this payment covers their obligations?

Typical Requirement in EIS

Describe in detail a conceptual closure plan to achieve best practice mine decommissioning. Outline what provisions will be made during operations to achieve the standards and completion criteria for mine decommissioning as consistent with the Strategic Framework for Mine Closure (Australian and New Zealand Minerals Energy Council & Minerals Council of Australia 2000).
    ENDQUOTE

So long as the powers that be deem NEC Closure Plan for Blair Athol to be valid it should be ok to be funded as per the closure plan as far as I can tell.

What if Linc plan includes deep UCG after traditional mining ceases - then decomissioning could be 20 years away?

Caveat - i have not operated any mines in QLD, would appreciate comments from those in the know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.