I saw this whilst in the gym last night, I took attention and...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I saw this whilst in the gym last night, I took attention and even took out my headphones for a listen. It reminds me of pre GFC type reports in the UK in late 2007-2008. The problem is that the status quo can be achieved if all is well in the market (steady increase in rents in line with inflation and burgeoning house prices to reap the reward your interest only loan) but I do consider it borderline psychopathic to commit to so much debt on a single and relatively low income. Never mind factoring in her closeness to retirement.

I do feel that the general public around the globe aren't taught good financial practice in schools or by parents, this has never been clear to me why it isn't a more pressing issue. I think this news story highlights the greed of both individuals and institutions who both don't have a long reaching worldly view and are often quick to forget about cycles within markets (particularly in Australia which has been shielded for 25+ years from economic hardship).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.