BLG 2.78% 3.7¢ bluglass limited

@Surfguy"The CR has been very successful for participants so...

1. MTV
    1,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 573
    @Surfguy

"The CR has been very successful for participants so far..."

Yes, I agree - and I'm well in the money on both the SPP and my preexisting holding. But many will be sitting on a substantial capital loss, and if they also have gains to offset, they may chose to sell BLG in this financial year. I've done such things myself in the past (with BLG and others), and on occasion, even succeeded in buying back in at a lower SP. Rather than "selling in May, and going away", I tend to sell earlier (by end of April), and come back in 2nd half of June (A word of caution to anyone contemplating this - the ATO may disallow a claimed capital loss if the disposal is closely followed by - and also perhaps closely preceded by - a re-purchase of a similar number of shares. Considering it a 'wash sale'. You should take extreme care when crystallising capital losses, and seek advice if you are not fully across this rule: https://www.ato.gov.au/media-centre/wash-sales-the-ato-is-cleaning-up-dirty-laundry ).

I'm ready to pounce if the SP dips back down to recent lows, but concede that that is looking quite unlikely. Even so, by the above reasoning I believe that there will be a drag on the SP until about the 2nd-last trading day of June (after which it is generally too late for the transaction date to be recorded in the same financial year).

This is just an observation on my part. As a LTH I am not particularly worried about such near-term considerations. I'll be happy if the market gives me the opportunity to pick up further cheap shares, but even happier if the SP surges back to previous highs. And if I need to wait till next financial year for the surge, and in the meantime the SP just moves sideways, that's good too.

All IMO and definitely not financial advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.001(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $67.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.6¢ $38.36K 1.063M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 588888 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 1191617 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.6¢ 207824
Last updated 13.02pm 03/05/2024 ?
BLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.