Great Post I am happy with the shutdown to reduce the spread. We...

1. 3,850 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Great Post
    I am happy with the shutdown to reduce the spread. We have bent the curve. what I am not happy with is this Crap about 6 Months. Reality is a vaccine is is at least 12 months at best away or not even being able to produce one.
    A reopening of everything say at end of May and government can save $60-$80B of the stimulus and spend it on infrastructure projects to kick start the economy. The other 3 months let the most vulnerable isolate for 3 months.
    The economic fall out of 6 months shut down will have far more devastation than the deaths of the virus and won't be really seen for at least 12 months.
    People don't really understand you can't just shut the economy down our system wasn't built for it.
    Suicides, Homelessness, Marriage breakdowns, Violence Theft will be rampant. Property prices will collapse, Wages will be in decline putting even more financial stress on the system.
    People need to realise Banks are not forgiving debts they are deferring them. Everything is rosy now but when it comes time to pay the piper in 6 months - watch the devastation begin. Only then will people start to realise a shutdown for 6 months was committing financial suicide.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.