BB1 8.33% 22.0¢ blinklab limited

The key issue with autism diagnosis is the sheer volume of...

1. 204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    The key issue with autism diagnosis is the sheer volume of people needing to be tested and the lack of resources and personnel available to make the diagnosis. A diagnosis requires extensive testing by 2-3 trained professionals (developmental paediatrician + speech and OT). Wait times for diagnosis are 6-12 months and testing costs around $500.
    The Cognea Canvas approach streamlines the diagnostic process a bit. The video footage is just raw feed for the clinician to observe. This is not in my opinion a competitor of blinklab. It’s not a screening test.
    . The Earlitec system requires dedicated laboratories. That’s not scaleable at least compared to blinklab.
    The point about blinklab is it’s a screening test that can be done at home with supervision of the family doctor. That allows prioritising of assessment and looks to be a game changer.
    I am interested in your source of data for earlitec which appears better than the numbers supplied by blinklab. My understanding of blinklab is the sensitivity and specificity are based on the blinklab technology with no input from other sources such as questionnaires. Interested in how the earlitec study was done.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BB1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.