ASX 0.09% $64.06 asx limited

I think it should only be a blip. However if fear and irrational...

1. 3,972 Posts.
    I think it should only be a blip. However if fear and irrational thinking send our market in freefall then it will become a crash that will not recover for sometime.

If we do not establish a point of difference to the DOW come Monday we may as well treat the US economy as our own and there is little future for investors in such an environment, especially people in super funds who may prefer to transfer to cash if they believe we will drop everytime the DOW does, which is frequently of late, as it bounces around a trading range with no direction to go..... but slowly down. Add to that interest rates are on the way up making cash deposits a better investment than recent times.

It is clear from reading the press that the DOW on Friday was an over reaction and if we do not take the benefit of this hindsight then we are foolish and will turn many people away, who want some security in their investments, for good.

It will be up to instos', in the long term they may want to keep hold of clients money so if they play games this time round it maybe at their own peril.

I think the market can tolerate a fall of between 70 and 120. If it falls 200 or 300 points then we can say end of bull market, full stop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$64.06
Change
0.060(0.09%)
Mkt cap ! $12.42B
Open High Low Value Volume
$63.50 $64.81 $61.89 $35.08M 551.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1495 $63.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$64.10 1005 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.