AZL 5.00% 1.9¢ arizona lithium limited

BLM COUNTDOWN, page-636

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78

Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has the authority to override tribal land claims for lithium mining, under certain circumstances.

The Mineral Leasing Act of 1920 gives the BLM the authority to lease federal lands for mining. This authority includes lands that are claimed by tribes. However, the BLM must consult with tribes before issuing any leases on claimed lands, and it must consider the tribes' concerns.

If the BLM determines that a proposed lease is in the public interest, it can override tribal land claims.

In addition, the BLM must take steps to mitigate any adverse impacts that the proposed lease may have on the tribe's interests. This may include requiring the mining company to pay royalties to the tribe, or to provide the tribe with other benefits, such as jobs or training opportunities.

The BLM has used its authority to override tribal land claims for lithium mining in the past. For example, in 2022, the BLM approved a lease for a lithium mine on land claimed by the Timbisha Shoshone Tribe in Nevada. The BLM determined that the mine was in the public interest because it would help to secure domestic supplies of lithium, which is a critical mineral used in electric vehicles and other clean energy technologies.

The Timbisha Tribe challenged the BLM's decision in court, but the court upheld the lease. The court found that the BLM had properly considered the tribe's concerns and that overriding the land claim was in the public interest.

It is important to note that the BLM's authority to override tribal land claims for lithium mining is limited. The BLM cannot override a land claim if it would violate a treaty or other legal obligation to the tribe. Additionally, the BLM must consider the tribe's interests and take steps to mitigate any adverse impacts that the proposed mine may have on the tribe.

Overall, the BLM has the authority to override tribal land claims for lithium mining,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $85.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $31.24K 1.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 4009171 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 1554333 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.