DXI 0.34% $2.93 dexus industria reit.

block a-3 and a-4 wells placed on production t, page-5

1. 8,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    i have to make a comment here estseon, the flow rates and rrc data is always accurate, you cannot get away with altering this, the landowners and interested parties in any well totally rely on the accuracy of the data.. so i have to say nothing is "wrong" in any way with the figures.

the two wells had two different completions done, its clearly spelled out in the rns, one had a water treatement the other an acid frac, i will repost my asf post here for the obvious reason as it saves a lot of time..

this is how i see it anyway..

24 February 2009
    Empyrean Energy PLC
    ("Empyrean" or the "Company"; Ticker: (EME))
    Sugarloaf Prospect, ("Sugarloaf"), Block A, Texas USA

* Block A-3 (baker 1) and A-4 (baker 2) wells placed on production to sales

* Combined flow rates from both wells averaged 5.8 million cubic feet of gas per day and 680 barrels of condensate per day for the seven days up to 21st February

Empyrean Energy Plc, the oil and gas explorer and producer with assets in Germany and the USA, is pleased to provide the following update on operations on Block A which is part of the Sugarkane Gas and Condensate Field:

TCEI JV Block A-3 Well (baker 1)

Empyrean has been advised by Texas Crude Energy Inc ("TCEI") that the TCEI JV Block A-3 (baker 1) well commenced flowing to sales on the 14th February after having a water and surfactant flush treatment.

The well achieved average flow rates for the seven days up to and including 21st February, 2009 of 1.7 million cubic feet of gas per day and 280 barrels of condensate per day.

TCEI JV Block A-4 Well (baker 2)

TCEI also advised that the TCEI JV Block A-4 (baker 2) well commenced flowing to sales on the 14th February after having an acid fracture stimulation performed.

The well achieved average flow rates for the seven days up to and including 21st February, 2009 of 4.1 million cubic feet of gas per day and 400 barrels of condensate per day.

Empyrean has a working interest of 7.5% in both of these wells.

Commenting today Empyrean director Tom Kelly said: "Empyrean is very pleased that these wells have now had production facilities completed and have been connected to the sales pipeline. We now have production from all three horizontal wells on Block A, with two vertical wells undergoing further testing."

the two wells, baker 1 and 2 sit side by side and we can clearly see the two different completions have delivered 2 distinct results.

what TCEI/conoco have shown in their completions is that a "water and surfactant flush treatment" on 2800 feet of lateral has resulted in a flow of 1.7 million cubic feet of gas per day and 280 barrels of condensate per day. this is a very similar result to the kowalik well, where a flush out has not brought any staggering flow rates.

then we see that TCEI/conoco did a different completion on the baker 1 well, i believe its length is only about 1200 feet going by an earlier report by eme. but in baker 2 they completed the well in a different fashion, they did a an "acid fracture stimulation"

now that small lateral of 1200 feet with that acid frac really brought a very different result to the water and surfactant flush treatment, in terms of flow they announced the rate of 4.1 million cubic feet of gas per day and 400 barrels of condensate per day.. resulting in a much higher gas ratio and lower condensate ratio.

indeed a very interesting announcement. and will give the TCEI operator and the jvp on our acreages a lot of things to contemplate in the way they approach all three laterals..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.