VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Blockchain

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    Hi all,

While I agree with Ian z's post that we're returning to a positive position re TSI and improving transactions - as well as having the extra bonus of a cash positive cyber security company - I do see the Indian financial sector as being an entity of constant change at the moment. As we all know change brings uncertainty and instability. While I do believe the Modi government, and the RBI, have taken massive leaps forward to drag their banking sector from the dark ages, I think it's got a long way to go. I also fancy that if they get all their policies and technologies right, India might become a world leader at the end of its banking transformation. So what's causing the turmoil?

In my post Interoperability I pointed out some of the legal problems any company will have that's trying to implement digital products such as wallets or branchless banking - even bill payment services. As if that's not enough to keep a finance company on their toes, now we can add another disruptive technology that the RBI is considering - cryptocurrency.

Sorry, you might have to cut and paste these links to your browser.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...g-at-its-own-bitcoin/articleshow/60710700.cms

https://itsblockchain.com/india-considering-cryptocurrency

I'm sure a lot of shareholders, myself included, were disappointed because TSN decided against the TSI buyout, but due to the volatility in the Indian financial sector I believe this is a time for any company involved with any aspect of banking to tread very carefully. The constantly changing rules and regulations, the possible addition of a cryptocurrency and the eagerness to adopt Blockchain as a centralised operating system, all have the potential to completely change the whole banking landscape - including cyber security.

On the upside, I believe that any company that can manage to get themselves into the right position, will make a fortune. Hopefully TSN/TSI are taking the right steps. Novatti state on their website that they're excited by the Blockchain tech and are constantly monitoring it for the purpose of adaptation. I'm very interested to see where that MOU takes us.

It's exciting times in India right now but a nervous wait to see how things will evolve. I do believe cash transactions will be around for a while but any Indian ATM company that lacks a plan B, will be like most of our batsmen on a spinning pitch. Opportunity will keep going through to the keeper.

Anyway, just a few things to keep in mind while we wait for further updates. Hopefully one that includes a Blockchain acquisition.

Cheers

Rhama

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.