VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Blockchain, page-74

1. 2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    hi tahman, quite right.
    Investors have different investing styles.
    I invariably gravitate towards cos with high growth potential and value mispriced by the markets due to some temporary matters. Requires patience to hold , but once they click we are big winners.Def TSN comes in that category.

Hope Mohnish reads all these posts and picks up the ideas. One of the major problems across the corporate sector across the world is the ego of the senior executives.They just don't bend enough to strike deals .

One interesting real life episode about GE. The previous CEO Jeff Immelt was a Divisonal Head of Medical Equipment earlier in GE , a very small division contributing may be 10 -15 percent of sales at that time. Once he lost a multi million dollar contract from a hospital chain by oversight by not going and representing GE during order negotiations. The then CEO Jack Welch called him and said he is not happy about this and want the order back to GE at any cost , but the order was already given to some other supplier . Jeff asked the hospital chain mgmt a few minutes of their time following monday , they say ok but the deed is done , no change.
    He goes to the board room, then just kneels on the floor and stretches out both hands and says " sorry for my blunder, give the order back to me ". Funny thing is he got back the order ,lol.

Later on the then CEO Jack Welch is on record saying, if a senior guy can submerge his ego totally for his co, then he is the guy to lead a large co like MNC , so this guy Jeff ended up the CEO of GE .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.