UOS 0.00% 56.5¢ united overseas australia limited

lol - I probably shouldn't bother responding as it's nothing to...

1. 449 Posts.
    lol - I probably shouldn't bother responding as it's nothing to do with UOS, but here goes...

1. The share price is not blocked from going up, in fact it's easier to have a share price rise if there are shares for sale sitting slightly above current market prices.

2. The "conniving seller" you imagine is risking selling his shares that he wants to keep in the hope of scaring someone off with his "mountain" of for sale shares.

3. Total of the "mountain" of shares you referred to was 36,900 shares. Not even enough to attract a serious buyer who wanted to buy a decent parcel at that price, let alone enough to scare anyone off. The majority of those (25,000 shares) were at 59c where some shares have traded over the last few days. I suspect that if you put 1,000,000 shares for sale at 59c they would be snapped up.

4. I only used commsec for a few days because it was rubbish and I forget the order types, but every other platform I've used has a box to tick for "good for day only" when ordering. It's a day-traders standard long duration order.

5. I wish there were more conspiracy theorists who think that placing a big sell order just above market might scare others into selling low. They're really doing nothing but offering a value proposition to buyers and I'd like to have the option to purchase at the widest range of prices and volumes. Sadly, in my experience, what you are thinking is a blocking order, is simply a boring vanilla order - someone hoping that a buyer will snap up their parcels and deliver them a nice cash windfall.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
56.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $188.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.5¢ 56.5¢ 55.0¢ $73 129

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 44788 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 9924 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.