Hi Ya @BigDaniel,It is a very large subject your touching on....

1. 1,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Hi Ya @BigDaniel,

It is a very large subject your touching on. Green energy. The definition of green energy is differs depending on who is pitching a sale at you.
    In general green energy is energy from natural sources. ie (Sun, wind, water..). Lets not open the can of worms about carbon and energy required to produce generators from the natural resources. Also in this class is nuclear, I am pro nuclear, because it jus makes sense.

Why back the BEV? Well its simple math. The Australian Govt is run by a bunch of dunces at best description. To have other energy sources such as Hydrogen you will need subsidies and infrastructure across the country, plus safety and security protocols. If I own a chain of service stations, I already have electricity available. Lets ignore grid infrastructure arguments for now - so i can just start making money by on selling electricity to BEV consumers. Hydrogen vehicles, i will have to outlay a large sum to get this up and running, with little users, so, i am just going to ignore this. Lets ignore the super concentration of energy re:hydrogen storage in populated area's and risks to people and infrastructure also.

So then there are grid problems. I am not going to get into this now. But some thought is Vanadium redox flow batteries in city's etc, TNG. These are building sized, they are not small dwellings.

There is just no stopping the BEV's from here. Hydrogen will come but it will be industrial scale for the reasons touched on above. I doubt any country can shell out for that infrastructure. Fuel cells also need maintenance etc.

Obviously you know about twiggy and cannon-brooks and hydrogen. Why should electricity generation infrastructure ever fall into pure profits based setup? This is the basis for interests here and there is no denying it. The tech has been around for a very long time and they are no saviours like they generate the verbal diarrhea of how great it will be ...... ... ... ..... BS they just want the money and power, no pun intended. If they where really honest they'd be trying to push the nuclear story and how much advancement in safety and pollution has advanced here and how it suites a stable tectonic plate. Shooting DC power across oceans makes sense with certain superior technologies.

There are companies in the USA like QS that are talking solid state, but you know about this. No need for me to go on. Thats about mass production and failure etc.

Here is a list i have interests in, all but 1 QGL which i am watching with amazement atm. Sorry to just dump a list on you but iam sure you know to describe these takes an age. Right now i'd be wary of how low will NVX, VUL go. The other thing which you mention is how long will some of these be around, well, like GMM -> Galaxy -> AKE etc, WSA -> IGO. I think we should see a fish eat fish situation given world climate in 'things' settle, fish and lemons go together

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4345/4345168-91cb56eb53ad621144cfc820682b8a8f.jpg
    Enjoy this list it is by no means a holy grail but it will make interesting study for you whilst you have time. Big subject mate, I think your across most of the details. I think we need to break this into sectors

• Mining
    • Industrial
    • Energy
    • Consumer
    • Commercial
    • Construction
    etc.

Answer: For now I think it is abundantly clear that the BEV has won the race, and its all about companies which will be included in the supply for mass production in that space.

Lets try to focus on the answer, so a focus around this can assist. So low share price in graphite or lithium also nickel.

We would have to break things into classes and sectors to get a more robust conversation going on boutique things. Like vanadium miners for grid storage an in what capacity etc.

Another angle is copper, there is an extremely large amount of copper that is required for all these motor windings and wiring. Whats in this space?

I have given you plenty to do so enjoy.

Bloke.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.