MFG 0.79% $8.76 magellan financial group limited

Time will tell whether the one holding the bags of the currently...

1. 1,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Time will tell whether the one holding the bags of the currently collapsing investment company with 19% underperformance or someone who went risk-on at the height of COVID market hysteria and owns cryptocurrency will be right in the long run.

I've already pocketed hard cash from hundreds of thousands in crypto and barely sold a tenth of my holdings, that money is now invested in better performing funds like HYGG. Disappointed that while I considered Hamish a great manager for over five years he made such an endless series of blunders and would also love a comeback, but that won't occur if he has an attitude similar to yours of never admitting mistakes and celebrating being on the losing side. I am incredibly disappointed at the lack of humility from Hamish and acknowledgement of broader mistakes which is the specific reason I sold the stock.

Its certainly a possibility that this stock has a huge future upside if the performance gets back on the right track. If you consider that to be out of the hands of the companies hands and lament the state of the market, be aware the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. Also consider that perhaps the problem is the allocations, not simply the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.76
Change
-0.070(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $1.583B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.89 $8.99 $8.75 $4.609M 521.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2985 $8.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.80 3934 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.76
  Change
-0.070 ( 0.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.88 $9.00 $8.74 52906
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.