CSL 0.78% $293.00 csl limited

Blood supply shortage in the US, page-2

1. 3,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    "And as that social safety net gets weaker, the plasma industry is only getting stronger. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/555599/

I wonder to myself...

- Will the social safety net in the US get weaker or stronger over the next 5 years?
    - Can it get any weaker?
    - Following the death and misery about to be witnessed on the nightly news by the American people, will they soon be demanding a decent public healthcare service and decent social safety net? Seems like a reasonable human response.
    - I wonder how much longer CSL et al can get away with draining the blood from the poorest people in the US?
    - How much longer will the strong growth in this industry be allowed to flourish in the US?
    - Are CSL et al perhaps quietly aiding and abetting a weak social safety net in the US?
    - Why is the US the only place to allow the more vulnerable sections of its society to be drained of their plasma 104 times a year, where most of EU allows 45.

And all we hear from the CEO in today's update is..

"Our plasma collection network is operational"
    https://www.csl.com/news/2020/covid-19-update

At some point they will have to update the market on how much their plasma supply business has been effected by the pandemic.

I would like to hear other peoples views on these risks to CSL business.

It is priced to perfection. But the future operating environment may not be as perfect as the company's valuation implies.
    Last edited by vic_wattle: 02/04/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$293.00
Change
2.260(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $141.5B
Open High Low Value Volume
$294.00 $294.75 $290.82 $491.6M 1.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8192 $292.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$293.06 12368 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.