bloody bandicoot, page-11

1. 7,761 Posts.
    Thanks Kincella,

I'm not in favour of the trap and prefer the Bandicoot reserve approach or better still - fence your garden securely. I always think it strange that people complain about the native wildlife who were here long before us. My mother complains about the wombats, lyrebirds, bowerbirds, native bush rats, king parrots and just about any other creature that 'invades' her garden that was (until 40 years ago) their territory. If she chooses to plant fruit trees and bulbs which the wildlife love to eat, she is working against nature. I tell her to buy her fruit and bunches of flowers and plant natives instead so that she can learn to live in harmony with the animals instead of expecting them to accommodate her English or European garden.

As an aside, my girlfriend who works at Healesville Sanctuary came home with a very young Quokka the other night, which she has to feed every four hours with a special formula. His name is Quokka 2. Other names of the quokkas (as proposed by the Keepers) are:

Barry Quokka
    Davey Quokka
    Betty Quokka
    Quokkamole

etc.

However, it is unlikely they will keep these (hilarious) names as the final say on naming is determined by someone in PR who doesn't share their sense of humour. Sad.

We had fun trying to think of other names for these adorable little guys and gals of the marsupial world.

Cheers,
    Tangrams

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.