bloomberg says constitution will change, page-20

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    bruceg -

I don't know where to begin to correct your complete misunderstanding of the Balfour Declaration and the many follow up attempts to partition Palestine and for you to state:
    "the partition of palestine into an arab and jewish state was never contemplated"

is outright deception and completely ignores such attempts as the United Nation's 1947 plan for partition.

here by the way is the complete Balfour Declaration:

"Foreign Office

November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you on behalf of His Majesty’s government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved, by the Cabinet:

His Majesty’s Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours,

Arthur James Balfour"

whatever happened to the underlined bit?

the San Remo conference 'deal' was never ratified by Palestinians and is in fact the focus of much contention and debate.

for those interested in the true history there are literally kilometres of volumes to reference, way too complex to put in a nutshell here, but so many people accept a simple minded propaganda version of events that lead to the kind of posts regularly seen here based on complete ignorance of the actual history.

bruceg's SPAGHETTI version of the history and proposed division of Palestine being a supreme example of it.

have a nice day.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.