BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

I have come to this conclusion as well Blaine. The AU$ is...

1. 85 Posts.
    I have come to this conclusion as well Blaine. The AU$ is continuing to tank against the US$; the last trade was $0.79. American investors owning BNIFK and BTEBY with large holdings might want to consider currency hedging or hope the trend reverses itself.

I think PF (and myself as well) were expecting a bigger bang with the two recent announcements re patient 3 being dosed and the Tribetarna data. I think the SP went down after initially going up marginally.

A corporation should use it assets to forward it's technology among other things. PF is spending a decent amount of money flying stateside in an attempt to educate potential investors. When those investors decide "Hey, the Holy Grail, how do I buy in?" they are given two options; both unacceptable for the medium to large investor. They can buy BNIKF or preferably BTEBY, (or, if they do a lot of research and invest time they can figure out how to buy BLT directly.)

The imaginary investor wants to buy 100,000 shares of BTEBY. There's no market; average volume is a few thousand shares a day at best. So what PF has done is create interest without creating a proper vehicle for Americans to invest. What's wrong with this picture? He evidently doesn't seem to care much either for investors in the USA. People are losing 10-15% just on currency exchange. Maybe they have a little investment booth for people to buy shares after the speech. Exact change only please.

This is just one example of shortsightedness by our CEO. How can we expect him to take Benitec to the next so called level (if and when the technology proves out) when he can't even see the basic error of his travel junkets as a small example. Perhaps he is aware and doesn't care.

A move exclusively to a US exchange should also benefit Australian investors. Based on previous investments on microcap Biotechs, the announcements in early January would have most likely had some positive effect on the SP but it was totally blunted by the ASX and it's investors.

It is impossible to prove but I believe that Benitec's market cap would be higher if traded exclusively in the US. Benitec is in desperate need of a Finance executive who has been through this before. Perhaps loot I$I$' talent.

The current structure with three separate stock symbols is a loser. I think on that fateful day when Beni's technology proves out, we want our company's stock to be traded in America. Proactive Peter, proactive. Just my 2c worth. Where am I wrong? Thanks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.