PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

If you can predict the future with 100% accuracy then you...

1. 90 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    If you can predict the future with 100% accuracy then you wouldn't be wasting your time haunting the HC forums asking why the share price wasn't higher, you would have sold all your other assets and mortgaged your house to put it all on the stock you knew would give you a biggest return.

PLS is not currently generating revenue. It has a plan. It owns a resource that requires expenditure to exploit. It is expecting future economic and political conditions several years in the future to go the way it hopes. It has money in the bank. It has competitors. There are things that could go wrong. It has a big potential payoff if things go right. It can still go pear shaped it may go like a rocket but you cannot know for sure.

You can however make a bet based on what you predict will happen. The odds being offered on your bet are the SP. You make the bet because you calculate the odds differently from the market. People will try and talk you into or out of the bet at that price. People will want the odds to be higher or lower but the odds reflect what happens in the betting ring. Are people playing games? Of course they are!

The current share price (IMO) reflects the fact that there is still risk. People will discount the price because of that risk. If there was little risk then the share price would be closer to reflecting what profit the company would be generating.

Personally I would expect the SP to remain wandering in the doldrums for some time yet (apart from the odd wild fluctuation generated by herd greed or fear) because the company has still to start mining and generating revenue. It won't stabilise (to hopefully a nice value) until the uncertainty reduces.

In a sense we are all gamblers. The uncertainty and risk is why I have made a bet on PLS - I made the bet because of the long odds the market is offering. Demanding the price be high now seems a bit premature.

This isn't putting your money in a bank deposit, it is dropping your money on a horse race and you are trying to outsmart the other punters and bookies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.