RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

It was me but I am a couple of years out of the game and it may...

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    It was me but I am a couple of years out of the game and it may have changed. Victoria has devolved purchasing to the individual health districts who often value independence. There is a professional central health purchasing group but they are challenged by the devolved model. Queensland and NSW have central purchasing that the whole state can use. SA and WA are similar but volumes are less. My speculation was that the states cooperate as a scientific community and if NSW successfully apply the technology others will soon be aware. Queensland have the second largest volume by virtue of the Victorian model. However, if it is very successful, looking at current circumstance, NSW may want more. My thought on risk is that the manufacturing capacity hasn't been tested at peak volume and risk is more on the company side in meeting delivery requirements than the likely follow up purchases ( no actual knowledge of this just guessing) .

Unverified ( private sector) scuttlebutt is that the NSW trial has been very successful with some teething being ironed out. It is where NSW want quick results that screen that is the driver. They are driven more by community service than fee structures. While privates like the PCR fee model, companies like Sonic and 4Cyte are very innovative and if they see opportunity supporting the mines, air travel etc they will be quick to embrace rapid testing in some form. Although embracing point of care testing has clearly been led by public health.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.