BLA 0.00% 18.5¢ blue sky alternative investments limited

My bet is Oaktree will claim the whole amount (full accelerated...

1. 290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    My bet is Oaktree will claim the whole amount (full accelerated payment) then claim that the assets were not even worth that but in reality they will be worths 100s of millions. Clearly there is a conflict of interest as Kim Morrison was CEO and director during the Oaktree deal. Don't forget most of the main team was on the board (they were above CEO) during the Shand era. They have been misleading the whole time (they said BLA capital were not used to prop up poor performing investments yet look at all those written off loans). Remember BLA gave 25% of performance fees and then 50% of profit to the teams, this is in the financial reports yet even the media didn't highlight it. They were making money (average returns under 20% are just that average) the whole time, just not for shareholders and of course some funds were invested in themselves, other funds were flogged, I remember them trying to flog student accomodation heavily during the investor day. In the end if we can be bothered shareholders will be the ones to profit wether by lawsuit or by other means its all a matter of effort and asymmetric projection.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.